My friend has been using AfterShokz headphones for a year now. He has never had any problem using AfterShokz headphones, but now his headphones are not turning on. And he is very worried about this, and he told me.
I researched how to solve this problem. And if your AfterShokz headphones aren’t turning on, you can fix that, too.
First, in this article, we will tell you the reasons why your Aftershokz not turning on, and then we will tell you some troubleshooting methods that will help you turn on your Aftershokz headphones.
AfterShokz Not Turning On, fix it.
The reason why your AfterShokz headphones are not turning on
- Software glitches
- Fully discharged battery
- Faulty charger or charging port
- Damaged power button
- Damaged battery.
To fix your AfterShokz not turning on
- The charge for some time,
- Replace the faulty charger or clean the charging port,
- Repair power button
- If nothing works, claim a warranty.
If you need help with applying these steps, then we have explained each step separately below for your convenience, through which you can easily put on your AfterShokz headphones.
Reset Your AfterShokz Not Turning On
First, we should reset our upper AfterShokz headphones. Excessive use may cause problems such as not turning on the headphones. And the easiest way to solve these problems is to reset your headphones.
So, reset your AfterShokz by following these steps.
- To power down your headphones, press and hold the Volume + button for a duration of 3 to 5 seconds.
- Subsequently, initiate the pairing mode by pressing the Volume + button for 5 to 7 seconds.
- This action will activate your headphones, and you’ll notice the LED indicator flashing red and blue.
- Following this, press and hold the multifunction button, Volume +, and Volume – buttons for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Power off your AfterShokz, and the reset process is now complete.
Charge For Sometime
If the reset doesn’t work, then you need to recharge your headphones. Sometimes, your headphones are not fully charged, which they can’t turn on. You need to recharge your headphones for an hour or two.
If recharging the headphones does not resolve the issue, follow the suggestions below.
Inspect the Charger
Having charged your AfterShokz headphones for an extended duration without success in powering them on, a careful examination of the charger is warranted. There may be an issue with the magnetic charger or the charging port, impeding the charging process for your headphones.
Initially, it is recommended to meticulously clean both the charger and the headphones’ charging port using rubbing alcohol. Should this prove ineffective, verifying the charger’s functionality with an alternate charger is advised.
If the headphones charge successfully with the new magnetic charger, it substantiates the deficiency of the previous charger. Consequently, procuring a replacement magnetic charger from a reputable platform such as Amazon is prudent in this circumstance.
Inspect the Power Button
You should check the power button of your headphones. Sometimes, the headphones can’t be turned on due to the malfunction of the power button.
You need to check the Volume + power button power of your headphones. If the power button of your headphones is not working, you need to take your headphones to a technician to get it fixed.
One of the reasons why headphones don’t turn on can be because their battery is bad, and if one of the batteries is bad, then they won’t be able to charge, and in that case, they can’t be headphones and if that’s the case your headphones won’t work. Unfortunately, you cannot change the battery of your headphones.
In this case, you will need a new pair of headphones.
If none of the suggestions given above are able to unlock your headphones, then you should contact Aftershokz Headphone Help Center; they are the ones who will unlock your headphones.
Here, I advise you to return your headphones; if you have purchased a headphone within two years, then you are entitled to return it.
If your AfterShokz not turning on, try the following fixes:
Perform a reset on your AfterShokz headphones, then proceed to charge them for some time. Subsequently, thoroughly examine both the charger and the charging port. Similarly, inspect the power button (note that the Volume + button functions as the power button). Should issues persist, consider returning the headphones and acquiring a replacement set.
How Do I Turn On AfterShokz Bluetooth?
To turn on AfterShokz Bluetooth headphones, follow these steps:
- Power On: Press and hold the designated power or multifunction button. The specific location of this button varies based on the model of AfterShokz headphones.
- Pairing Mode: Typically, when turning on, AfterShokz headphones automatically enter pairing mode. If not, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to initiate pairing.
- Connect Device: On your device (e.g., smartphone, tablet), navigate to the Bluetooth settings and ensure Bluetooth is enabled. Look for the AfterShokz headphones in the list of available devices and select them to connect.
- Confirmation: You’ll likely hear a sound or receive a notification on your device confirming the successful pairing.